april 29: god can

think about it
 
Faith, mighty faith, the promise sees,
And looks to God alone, laughs at impossibilities,
And cries, “It shall be done!”
(Charles Wesley)

back it up with bible
 
Hebrews 11:6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Romans 4:20, 21 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Ephesians 3:20, 21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.


core christianity
 
Believing God
There always will be people who will tell you that you are going to fail, that you never will amount to anything. I had a teacher who wrote on my report card, “Greg Laurie will never amount to anything, because all he does is sit in class all day long and look out the window and daydream and draw cartoons.” Was it true that I did those things? Absolutely. But I wasn’t real encouraged when I read what my teacher wrote on my report card.
Yet throughout my ministry I have heard the same kind of things. I was 20 years old when we started what is known today as Harvest Christian Fellowship, and people said, “You can’t start a church. You are too young. That will never work. You are not qualified.” Later, when we started our crusade ministry, people said, “Oh, that won’t work. Crusades are over with. No one wants to go to crusades anymore.”
Everything we have done, we have had our opposition and our naysayers. In fact at this point in life, I have come to expect it. If I don’t get opposition I wonder what is wrong. Where are the critics? Where are the people telling us we can’t do this? I am not advocating false bravado. I am not saying that we should be presumptuous. But I am saying that as followers of Christ, we should take some steps of faith and see what God will do. I would rather try and fail than never try at all.
Some people always will be critical and throw a wet blanket on everything. And sadly for those people, things seldom happen. But for the ones who are willing to take the risks, God can do some pretty amazing things. What risk is He asking you to take today? (Greg Laurie)


previously published
 
I feel convinced that the Lord wants us to expect miracles--& in order to do this we need to fight what many people refer to as the “it-can’t-be-done” spirit, the lethargic spirit of lack of faith & leaning on the arm of the flesh. So let’s fight that spirit, & get stirred up & really pray & look to God for outright miracles! (God’s Financial Blessings!)

He who has begun a good work in us is going to perfect it unto the end! For He is the Author and the Finisher of our faith, who hath delivered, who doth deliver, and who will yet deliver! Praise the Lord! Amen. In spite of the problems and questions, the Lord is in it and I know God is working.
You cannot look to your own wisdom, you cannot rest in your own understanding, you must look for the supernatural, miraculous and powerful leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit. It’s impossible to solve these problems on your own. Lean not to your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
So remember that you cannot possibly solve these problems in your own wisdom, your own strength, your own mind, your own understanding, your own trying to put two and two together. But you’re going to have to ask the Lord by the supernatural, miraculous power of the Holy Spirit, to give you downright, outright, upright revelations, Heaven right, straight from Him, to show you exactly what to do. (For God’s Sake, Follow God!)

Listen clearly now. Watch, pray, beware, be alert, be awake, be on guard, lest you fall prey to the “it’s impossible” modus operandi, for this frame of mind challenges the very might and power of God! The “it’s impossible” mindset wishes to defy the very truth of God! You have heard My promise for many years that “all things are possible to him that believeth.” I call you now to stand on this promise--to live it, to put Me to the test! There are no impossibilities to you, My children! Believe it! Live it! Do the impossible! (Nothing Is Impossible!)


make it personal
 
I know that there is nothing that is impossible for You, Jesus, but You’ve said that You are sometimes limited by our lack of faith. How can I stretch my faith to expect more and greater miracles? How can I actively depend on your power to do the things that I can’t do?