may 4: you are god's delight

think about it

God carries your picture in his wallet. (Tony Campolo)

back it up with bible

1 John.3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:
Romans 8:38,39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.
1 John 4:10. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, & sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
John 4:16a And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us.


core christianity

God’s Delight
God not only loves his people but delights in each one of us. He takes great pleasure in us. He’s actually blessed in keeping and delivering us.
I see this kind of parental pleasure in my wife, Gwen, whenever one of our grandchildren calls. Gwen lights up like a Christmas tree when she has one of our dear little ones on the line. Nothing can get her off the phone. Even if I told her the President was at our door, she’d shoo me away and keep talking.
How could I ever accuse my heavenly Father of delighting in me less than I do in my own offspring? At times my children have failed me, doing things contrary to what I taught them. But never once have I stopped loving them or delighting in them. So, if I possess that kind of enduring love as an imperfect father, how much more does our heavenly Father care for us, his children?
Joshua and Caleb stood up in the midst of Israel and cried, “If the Lord delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it to us” (Numbers 14:8). What a simple yet powerful declaration. They were saying, “Our Lord loves and delights in us. And he’s going to vanquish every giant, because he delights to do it for us. Therefore, we mustn’t look at our obstacles. We have to keep our eyes on our Lord’s great love for us.”
All through the Scriptures we read that God delights in us: “Such as are upright in their way are his delight” (Proverbs 11:20). “The prayer of the upright is his delight” (15:8). “My strong enemy [was]…too strong for me…but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me” (Psalm 18:17-19).
It is absolutely imperative that we believe that God loves us and delights in us. Then we’ll be able to accept that every circumstance in our lives will eventually prove to be our Father’s loving will for us. We’ll emerge from our wilderness leaning on the loving arm of Jesus. And he’ll bring joy out of our mourning. (David Wilkerson)

previously published

God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. (Mop—Love of God)

Like my father used to say about my mother: “Oh, you’re the Lord’s pet! You get away with anything & the Lord lets you!” And she used to say back to him, “Well, that’s because I love Him & I give my whole life & time & strength to Him, & He seems to feel like I’m worth petting & being good to!” So in a way, we’re the Lord’s pets! We have delighted ourselves in Him, so He’s given us the desires of our hearts! (God’s Pets!)

Call unto Me! Ask Me what you will, for it is My pleasure to give you the desires of your heart. It is My pleasure to grant you the requests that you bring before Me in prayer and in faith. According to your faith it will be done unto you. Ask and you shall receive, for I am your King and Shepherd and Husband, and I want to pour My blessings upon you and spoil you as My pet! (From Jesus with Love 1)

(Dad:) This is the confidence we have in our Husband: We know that if we ask anything according to His will? He hears us. And we know that because He hears us, whatever we ask He’s going to do--because we’re His brides. He loves us, He delights in taking care of us, and He’s never going to let us down. This is His promise; this is what you can count on. (Prophecy Vitamins, Part 1)

As My children learn to love Me, to draw upon My strength, to put Me first, to call unto Me and to desire Me, so shall I pour forth unto them in great abundance all that they need, for I shall care for them as a king cares for his bride, his queen. I will pour forth great love and great anointing and great provision and great protection, for you shall need all of these things. You shall know that you are the delight of your King and your Savior and your Love and your Strength. And for this delight that you bestow upon Me, so shall I delight to give you all the desires of your heart, all the power that you need and all the strength that you seek. (From Jesus with Love 2)


make it personal

Jesus, please speak to me about some of the things that you love about me; qualities that make me special and beloved in your eyes.