may 11: equipped

think about it
 
We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire…give us the tools and we will finish the job. (Winston Churchill)

back it up with bible
 
Hebrews 13:20, 21 May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Colossians 4:17b Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfill it.
Exodus 4:10-12 [Moses:] And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since Thou hast spoken unto Thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? Or
who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
Jeremiah 1:5,6,7 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

core christianity
 
Equipped to Do God’s Will
I have a friend who loves to ride a bike. He doesn’t take a ride around the block. No. When he goes on a ride, it is for 25 to 50 miles. Before he goes, he makes certain he has various items to fix his bike should something go wrong. He makes sure he has plenty of water so he doesn’t get dehydrated. When he leaves his home, he is equipped for most any need for the task before him. He is prepared. He feels confident.
Do you have that kind of confidence when it comes to following God? Ever feel inadequate? Far too many times we balk at doing what God asks us to do because we feel inept. We don’t have enough knowledge of scripture. We don’t know how to talk. We are not sure of ourselves. We don’t think anyone would listen to us. We cannot see beyond our weaknesses; so we do not act upon the call of God in our lives. We do not follow Him wherever He leads. We do not reach out to that neighbor, that group, that family member. We do not accept God’s challenge. We forego opportunity after opportunity. We keep looking unto ourselves…and we falter; we procrastinate. If this is you today, perhaps you will gain encouragement from the prayer from the writer of Hebrews. Ask God to help you receive this as your own prayer. “May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:20-21.
God gives us every single thing we need to accomplish the tasks He calls us to do. God equips us. We can do everything through the strength of Christ who dwells within us. He knows our needs long before we know them. He has the supply waiting. He has the right person to aid us. He has all the wisdom we need to discern what we cannot even imagine. He has prepared the way for us. All God wants is for us to be available, willing, and humbly yielded to His guiding Spirit. (Hariette Petersen)

previously published
 
Imagine a future world of darkness where so many are fearful to even step outside the boundaries of the System, and imagine what light you will carry to lead them to the truth. I have plans for each one of you, and right now the plan is to train you, to equip you for your future roles. Study well, train well, so that you are prepared to do warfare for Me and help to usher in My Kingdom on Earth. (The Art of War, Part 1)

You also need great doses of faith to hold on to in those trying times, and that comes from the Word and from doing all the things that are required of disciples, such as minimizing the influences of the world, fighting to take on My perspective in every test, taking on My mind more, memorizing, talking about the Word, and so on. These things equip you with the kind of solid foundation that you’ll need when you’re in the fires of testing and it doesn’t look like you’re coming out any time soon. (The Art Of War, Part 2)

Seek Me for those things that you know you’ll need, or even if you don’t know what you’ll need, the things that I know you’ll need. Claim them, even if it will require a total transformation of your personality. As you step out to activate whatever you need and have asked for, it will start to grow in your spirit. You’ve prayed a ‘Whatever it takes’ prayer before, but now you need to pray a ‘Whatever is needed’ prayer to claim whatever I know you will need in order to equip you for the front lines in spirit. “It might take some big changes in your nature and personality, but the gifts that you need to do the job are available to you, if you claim My power and do what you can to help your anointing to grow.” (Mama’s Personal Testimony, Part 2)

make it personal
 
What is something I balk at because I feel inadequate? How can I “equip” myself spiritually to do what You want me to?